It inspired me to make more of an effort with my own nails and to experiment a bit. Here are some photo's of my attempts on my Mom, my little sister and myself:
What you'll need:
- A base Colour
- A contrasting colour for the leopard spots
- A liquid eyeliner (I used a Collection 2000 one as they are cheap and the nib is brilliant for precision)
- A clear topcoat
- Make sure your nails are clean and dry.
- Apply a thin coat of your base colour on your nail and allow to dry thoroughly.
- When dry, apply a second coat to ensure an even colour and again, allow to dry completely.
- Take the contrasting shade, scrape away excess polish from the brush and gently scatter small dots over your nail (do this with the brush touching the nail, as opposed to having the polish drip from a height, as this will lead to lack of precision, as well as the dots being far too thick, therefore not drying properly! You can do as little or as many dots as you like, depending on the print you wish to achieve.
- When the dots are completely dry, take the eyeliner and carefully draw little squiggles/curves around the dots to achieve the leopard print spot.
- Leave the eyeliner to dry (I usually leave them for about 10minutes) to avoid smudging.
- To seal the colour and print, apply a thin layer of clear top coat, and when dry apply a second layer.
Do this when you are watching TV or a film, so you are relaxing and not using your hands for anything allowing it all to dry, avoiding smudging.
Oh, another tip, when I say TV, I am ruling out The X Factor, the programme is too intense for me and I get shakey, which resulted in my print on my own nails looking terrible! I'd imagine a horror movie may have the same effect....
Let me know what your opinions are on this everyone, and if you try it yourself, I'd love to see your end results!