Wednesday 4 August 2010

"I don't want to be friends with you"

I’ll meet you outside A&E,
And you can fix me.
Wicked.
We’ll need some stitches and medi-grip-
You bring the sellotape and I’ll bring the pritt-stick,
And we can fix this.
But no, I don’t wanna be friends with you.
You make me weak at the knees and my head go funny,
And my heart, don’t even wanna reside in my body,
And that don’t seem right to me.
But no, I don’t want to be friends with you.
I had to calm myself, because I started begging it,
Texts without a reply, yeah I still sent it,
Forget it; this is the only love I know.
Texts at 2am, to tell you I’m in the worst club with the worst men,
And you, you’re 25 times better than them,
And let’s go on an adventure,
Just me and you,
And the baggage you have? yeah bring that too.
We’ll sort it on the way.
But still, today, tomorrow, and the next day,
I don’t wanna be friends with you.
Tip-toe’ing up to kiss you, and knowing that I’ll miss you,
the moment my feet hit the ground.
And I can say soundly, I’m glad that you found me, and I hope you don’t forget me,
Because I’m having trouble forgetting you.
Weak, but it’s true.
But no, I’m really sorry, I just can’t be friends with you.
So you go your way, and I’ll go mine.
And hopefully, somewhere down the line, we’ll realise we’re walking in a cul-de-sac.
We’ll find our way back to each other, but for now, to cause us little bother,
I can’t be friends with you.

(www.myspace.com/onenoneblonde)

No comments:

Post a Comment