Monday 1 September 2014

Hello September.


September is here and it is finally a little more appropriate to be discussing coats and boots, and to celebrate, here am I showing you some... coats and boots.
As lovely as the heatwave was, I must say I am actually quite glad its over... Don't you agree? There's something so lovely about it getting a little cooler and being able to layer and buy COATS & BOOTS!
Anyway, here are two little outfits with some pieces I'm enjoying at the moment. For the past month I have completely fallen out of lust with colour and just seem to be more about clean, basic pieces, with minimal fuss, more than ever, such as these above. The fluffy jumper is new in at Topshop and is very similar- if not identical to their basic fluffy jumper last year that they released in lots of different colours. This cream one is a great piece that will carry you through the season, keeping you cosy as well as looking good. I harp on about this every year but for A/W I'm all about textures over colours, and toughening looks up with chunky boots and leathers. These ankle boots are from Zara & they are so beautiful. The ankle cuff detail makes them a little more interesting and they will look great with an ankle grazer and a chunky ankle sock when it gets even chillier. The heel height is also great as it makes them super practical. Fashionable and functional- what more could you want from a boot?
Next up is this checked coat from River Island, which I am in love with! I like the idea of it being worn with casual pieces for a more laid back urban look and teaming it with monochrome pieces makes it the main focal point of this outfit. Here I've teamed it with a pair of Adidas Superstars, which for me are just 'go with everything' classics, but if you're not a trainer kind of girl, it will look just as great with a pair of chunky heeled boots, or slip ons!

1 comment:

  1. such great pics
    Love the checkered jacket
    http://dressedbys.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete